Foreword

How I came to be here is a mystery; what I'm here to accomplish can only be answered...in a Cosmic Caper.

Caricatures...Drawn from Life vs Photos _part 04

>> Sunday, May 6, 2012

Aaron's mom loved the results.
Aaron at age 9.


















I was drawing caricatures at a small art-fair/ benefit in Skokie and was unable to get to the last sitter. His mom asked me to draw him via emailed photo. I prefer to work from life; but made an exception in this case. It can work to draw lively caricatures from reference if you know the sitter; for me the magic is not just a likeness, but a personality captured from firsthand experience. One day, I may try some really exaggerated caricatures like many of those I admire. Carpe diem...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Cosmic Caper and all content created by Tom Hicke therein unless otherwise posted is TM & © 2009 Tom Hicke

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP